Report Suspected Insurance Fraud
Did you know people who commit insurance fraud steal billions each year from the insurance industry? That’s you and us. Failure to report such crime costs everyone.
We all pay when insurance fraud occurs because it causes insurance premiums to rise. Help us fight insurance fraud by reporting:
- Suspected arson
- Phony or inflated repair bills
- Phony or inflated personal inventory or contents
- The discarding of personal property with no or little damage prior to an inspection
- Phony or inflated Additional Living Expenses
- Falsely claimed or intentionally damaged covered property
To report suspected insurance fraud, call ASI’s Special Investigation Unit (SIU) at 1-866-274-5677, Ext. 3220, or 1- 866-ASI-LOSS and ask for the SIU. The unit is staffed between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
You may also report suspected insurance fraud to the following Departments of Insurance (DOI):
- California: Email the Fraud Division’s online form to email@example.com or mail it to the address on the questionnaire.
- Florida: Call the Division of Investigative & Forensic Services at 1-800-378-0445. Call 1-877-662-7766 (1-877-NO-ARSON) to report a suspected arson.
- Texas: Call the state’s Fraud Unit at either 1-800-252-3439, 1-888-327-8818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Louisiana: Call the Division of Insurance Fraud at 1-800-259-5300.
Those who live in other states may report suspected insurance fraud through the National Association of Insurance Commissioners’ website.